- Make a play about a day in the life of a farmer's child from Ancient Egypt.
- Write a set of directions which would get you from your home town to Cairo (by land/flying in a straight line/going by boat from the nearest port and hugging the coast
- Make a secret message using Hieroglyphics and include a key to help people solve it.
- Make a maths problem using the Ancient Egyptian number system.
- Imagine you are the Pharoah and make a poster of the plans for your death!
- How do you think Tutankhamen died? Make a poster about how Tut might have died with at least 3 possibilities which are based on historical evidence.
- Imagine you have travelled back in time to the Ancient Egyptians. What would be the same and what would be different? When would you rather be alive and why? Make a table, write a comparison or give a talk.
- Design an illustrated Ancient Egyptian pot which tells us about a part of the Pharoah's life. Make a label which tells us about it.
- Why do we learn about the Ancient Egyptians? Make a report of the reasons why the Ancient Egyptians are important.
- Make a fact file of the Ancient Egyptian Gods.
The British Museum
Larry Ferlazzo's Egyptian sites
Look here for general sites:
Play these games to test your knowledge. WARNING...they are quite difficult::
Ancient Egypt Graphic Vocabulary Organiser