One of the common areas I talked about was reading. I want to make it clearer that 20 minutes reading every night is a homework expectation.
- If you are a very fluent reader and you understand most of what you read, then an adult can help you by asking questions about your reading.
- If you are becoming fluent then you should read aloud for some of the reading time.
- If you need help with quite a lot of help with words, then read aloud to an adult.
What should I write in my reading record?
- Write the date and the title (if you are continuing with the same title from the day before, then you can write "same as yesterday" to save time).
- When your parents hear you read or ask you questions about your reading, please ask them to sign your reading record.
- I will ask some children to do a more detailed reading target. This will mean they need to read 4 books from a list, write about them and post blog comments ALL WITHIN A MONTH...wait for more information.
Here are some photos, hot off the press, from our trip around our local area. There are some pictures from the wall which celebrate the King of Thailand.
Which special day is coming up soon in Thailand?